HEAD OF BANDS
Temporary, fulltime position
Terms, 2, 3 and 4, 2017
The Upper Hunter Conservatorium of Music (UHCM) is the largest performing arts organisation in the Upper Hunter region. We are a leading cultural organisation based in our new purpose-built facility in Muswellbrook. We provide quality music education across the region and interact with many primary and secondary schools across the district.
UHCM is seeking a dynamic and experienced musician and educator for the position of Head of Bands, to commence at the beginning of Term 2, 2017. The Head of Bands is responsible for the organisation, administration, rehearsing and conducting of all bands under the jurisdiction of the conservatorium, including adult and school-based bands. The Head of Bands also teaches instrumental lessons to individuals, small groups and ensembles.
The successful applicant will report to the Director and will be employed on a temporary fulltime basis, for terms 2, 3 and 4. He/she will be required to:
- Teach a range of band instruments;
- Prepare students for AMEB exams (main instrument);
- Travel to several schools per week for both tuition and conducting of band rehearsals (own car is essential);
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Participate in the broader activities of the conservatorium; and
- Conduct and present themselves professionally.
The following selection criteria should also be addressed in the application:
- Tertiary qualification in music or music education, or equivalent experience;
- Expertise in conducting;
- Experience in studio teaching;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- A current Working With Children Check without infringement.
Enquiries should be directed to:
Dr Wendy Brooks (Director)
Applications should include a covering letter, a statement addressing each of the Selection Criteria and a Curriculum Vitae. Applications should be received by 5pm Friday 24 March 2017.
Upper Hunter Conservatorium of Music
PO Box 816
Muswellbrook NSW 2333
Fax: 02 6541 4999